Nothing says glamor quite like a cocktail. In the movies, cocktails are forever being ordered by effortlessly cool characters in elegant bars. In fact, some cocktails have become iconic in their own right after they appeared in popular movies.
You may not have the leading man or lady on your arm, but you sure can make yourself these famous cocktails at home. Capture a little bit of movie magic with these three cocktails.
Vodka Vesper Martini – Casino Royale
How could we have a conversation about movie cocktails without mentioning James Bond? The suave super spy has drunk all kinds of things during his time on the big screen, including his controversial Heineken orders in recent films. His signature drink, though, is the martini. Here’s the Vodka Vesper Martini, glamorous woman not included.
- Gather 60ml gin, 20ml vodka, and 10ml Lillet Blanc.
- Shake all the ingredients together with ice, then pour into a martini glass. Add a lemon twist to finish.
- Be careful with this cocktail, as it’s the strongest on our list. It’s amazing Bond could hold a gun straight.
Cosmopolitan – Sex and the City
Sex and the City made sipping on cocktails in New York look amazing, and rightfully so. The ladies of the movie sashayed wherever they went looking fabulous, designer purse in one hand and a Cosmopolitan in the other. Here’s how you can capture the look in your own home.
- You’ll need 35ml vodka, 15ml orange liqueur, 25ml cranberry juice, a squeeze of lime juice, and an orange slice to garnish.
- Shake the vodka, orange liqueur, cranberry juice, and lime juice together with ice. Pour into a martini glass.
- Finally, add the orange slice to garnish.
- Now, all you need to add are your friends!
White Russian – The Big Lebowski
The Dude in this iconic cult classic was never without a White Russian. If he didn’t have one, he was just finishing one, making one in someone else’s home, or just looking to get his hands on more. This cocktail is great for lounging at home while feeling somewhat sophisticated and at peace. Here’s how to make your own (digging in other people’s kitchens not required).
- Fill a short glass with ice cubes
- Gather 50ml of vodka, 25ml of Irish cream liqueur, and 50ml of cream.
- Shake the vodka, Irish cream liqueur, and some ice together until cold.
- Pour into the glass, and top off with the cream.
- To finish, garnish with some chocolate shavings.
- The chunky cardigan is optional but strongly encouraged.
These are some of the most decadent and glamorous movie cocktails out there. Try them out and see whether the Hollywood lifestyle is for you! There’s plenty more out there, so try some others too and let us know what your favorites are.
Remember to drink responsibly, and please don’t try these recopies if you aren’t over 21 years of age.[Image Credit]